Every system will have an opposing anti-thesis to create a certain balance in the system. For instance, how hackers keep a check on the software companies to maintain high security systems. Or how terrorists persuade a nation to monitor its people. Similarly, alternative genres of communication will keep a check on the system of everywares.
Ancient sciences such as telepathy, teleportation, ayurveda, yoga etc may become a way of life followed by a cult of people. It is possible, that a cult begins to re-create this lost way of life, to help them work out of the system. It is possible that we move towards a new way of life, in which an email is not sent via a chip injected into the brain using a network, but via a thought stream. This genre will keep a check on the system, as people begin to misuse these arts to achieve different tasks.
Ramblings on having privacy in public spaces
- The beginings
- Bentham Vs Foucault and then Schneir
- Privately Public or Publicly Private
- What data about you does to you
- Looking at alternate futures
- Explaining the futures and the privacy implication...
- Yeah ok..but why is privacy so important?
- How corporates can affect privacy
- How Wikipedia will affect our privacy
- How blogs will affect our privacy
- How people like Osama affect privacy
- How energy shortage affects privacy
- How global warming affects privacy
- The future of RFID
- Treatments for Surveillophobia ?
- Looking into Alternative Genres
- Will personal satellites solve the issue?
- Where the user has some control
- A Rebellious Approach
- ▼ September (20)