We all know somehow deep inside that we are heading towards an Orwellian World. And while most industrialized countries locate their people through surveillance cameras, there are many town and villages in the world, where there is no access to even electricity. Maybe these places will preserve greater freedom of speech over time, if we do not categorize them as tribals and place them in human zoos under googleearth's supervision. The digital divide will provide a divide in cultural freedom. Maybe maybe not. But we can definetly think of some alternatives in the future.
Ramblings on having privacy in public spaces
- The beginings
- Bentham Vs Foucault and then Schneir
- Privately Public or Publicly Private
- What data about you does to you
- Looking at alternate futures
- Explaining the futures and the privacy implication...
- Yeah ok..but why is privacy so important?
- How corporates can affect privacy
- How Wikipedia will affect our privacy
- How blogs will affect our privacy
- How people like Osama affect privacy
- How energy shortage affects privacy
- How global warming affects privacy
- The future of RFID
- Treatments for Surveillophobia ?
- Looking into Alternative Genres
- Will personal satellites solve the issue?
- Where the user has some control
- A Rebellious Approach
- ▼ September (20)