With people becoming more open to having public profiles on the web through social networking websites, we will see how people are beginning to be more comfortable with public images. Reality television shows, people willingly documenting their personal lives on blogs have affected the way people understand privacy.
Even though voyeurism is on the rise, we need to understand that social networking has gotten people together and created a state of well-being amongst those who are connected, even if it may mean that people and their relationships are often trackable.
Ramblings on having privacy in public spaces
- The beginings
- Bentham Vs Foucault and then Schneir
- Privately Public or Publicly Private
- What data about you does to you
- Looking at alternate futures
- Explaining the futures and the privacy implication...
- Yeah ok..but why is privacy so important?
- How corporates can affect privacy
- How Wikipedia will affect our privacy
- How blogs will affect our privacy
- How people like Osama affect privacy
- How energy shortage affects privacy
- How global warming affects privacy
- The future of RFID
- Treatments for Surveillophobia ?
- Looking into Alternative Genres
- Will personal satellites solve the issue?
- Where the user has some control
- A Rebellious Approach
- ▼ September (20)