In a future where we have realized DNA decoding, nanotechnology etc, we wouldn’t probably use RFID the way its used today. As one walks through the door, the reader instead of reading the chip would read the unique DNA codes from your prints. That way, people wont have to worry about injecting an RFID tag into their body, there wont be issues of people foiling the system with faraday cages, or virus codes.
The way we use RFID and its absorption in our society will affect the way we use future technologies in our lives, long after RFID becomes an out-dated technology.
Ramblings on having privacy in public spaces
- The beginings
- Bentham Vs Foucault and then Schneir
- Privately Public or Publicly Private
- What data about you does to you
- Looking at alternate futures
- Explaining the futures and the privacy implication...
- Yeah ok..but why is privacy so important?
- How corporates can affect privacy
- How Wikipedia will affect our privacy
- How blogs will affect our privacy
- How people like Osama affect privacy
- How energy shortage affects privacy
- How global warming affects privacy
- The future of RFID
- Treatments for Surveillophobia ?
- Looking into Alternative Genres
- Will personal satellites solve the issue?
- Where the user has some control
- A Rebellious Approach
- ▼ September (20)