Wikipedia is one of the successful products on the internet that has started a new wave of thinking in our world. People are becoming active in producing content for people. This new wave has been termed prosumerism by Alvin Toffler in his book the third Wave. Prosumerism refers to the state where the producer is the consumer.
If RFID use follows this wave, we will begin to see how people create their own uses of RFID and change their everyware products at home and outside, setting privacy zones and access restrictions. This way people will have more choice in protecting their privacy.
Ramblings on having privacy in public spaces
- The beginings
- Bentham Vs Foucault and then Schneir
- Privately Public or Publicly Private
- What data about you does to you
- Looking at alternate futures
- Explaining the futures and the privacy implication...
- Yeah ok..but why is privacy so important?
- How corporates can affect privacy
- How Wikipedia will affect our privacy
- How blogs will affect our privacy
- How people like Osama affect privacy
- How energy shortage affects privacy
- How global warming affects privacy
- The future of RFID
- Treatments for Surveillophobia ?
- Looking into Alternative Genres
- Will personal satellites solve the issue?
- Where the user has some control
- A Rebellious Approach
- ▼ September (20)